How to look after your flowers once you have received them
When you receive your flowers, you want them to last as long as they can. Here are a few helpful hints.
- Find a clean vase, always fill it with cold water so that the flower stems are covered and have enough water to drink up through the stems. Usually fill the vase two-thirds of the way.
- Add flower preservative which is included with your flowers to the water in the vase.
- Recut stems of flowers by about one and a half to two centimetres, strip any foliage that will sit below water level.
- Place your flowers in the vase and cut the string that ties them together if you want the vase to look full or just leave them as they are if you feel they are sitting nicely.
- Place the vase in a cool spot away from direct sunlight, somewhere you can enjoy them.
- If possible change the vase water every second day and give the stems a slight trim.
- As the flowers begin to droop or wilt or fade simply cut them out or remove the stem from the vase and enjoy the flowers for as long as you can.
Arrangements that are in Oasis
Place the arrangement in a cool place and away from direct sunlight. Top with water every day as the flowers drink the water through the oasis so make sure you keep it moist.
Enjoy your flowers as they will put a smile on your face.